Friday, January 6, 2012

January 6th 2012

          Well, I've almost got the job! Wal-Mart called me back (the only one who called me back) and I did the interviews yesterday. I have to go back today for the drug test and all that fun stuff. I'm not worried and I know it's necessary, but I just wish we could skip it. I want to get straight to training! Make that moolah, you know? I'm going to be a cashier, so it shouldn't be too hard. And it's barely above minimum wage, but that is alright with me! It's a steady job. Working for the Diocese back where I used to live was fun and everything, but I seriously only ever worked maybe 10 shifts. So, not really in the way of making much money.
           Plus maybe I'll meet some cool people! I really want to make some friends here, but it's hard to get out there. Plus, it doesn't seem like there are any local hang-outs. I've been walking all over town, library and Wal-Mart, and I haven't seen anybody else my age walking around.
          Leo has a Camp Fire meeting on Monday so he and mom are going back to town for the night. I don't know if I'm going to go yet. It depends on if Wal-Mart needs me I guess. Hopefully we can do everything today and they won't need me until Wednesday. But if I do need to stay here, maybe daddy and I will find something to do. But if I do go, I'll get to see Neecee and the kids!!! And I really miss Wendy. When we visited them a few days before Christmas, she was so excited! I'd love to surprise her! Plus when we moved, I found all this stuff I don't want so I have some toys for her!
          A couple weeks ago, I was nominated for a scholarship to go to this conference in Washington DC in March. I'm so antsy waiting to find out if I got it. I don't really have super high hopes just because I don't want them dashed if I don't get it. But it would be super cool!!! Just to give you a hint as to how big this conference is, last year, Vice President Joe Biden was there. Yeah.
          I still haven't gotten my Christmas present from my father. I keep bugging him about it, but I never get a response. Part of me wants to stop bugging because I don't want to look greedy. But the other part of me KNOWS he will just completely forget.
          Last night I wrote a poem! I was just laying in bed in the dark and I got inspired! I don't remember what I was thinking about, but the words just came to me. Here it is:

I've cried for a boy on the internet
If you say that make me weak, you'd be wrong
Even if my tears are for someone I've never met
It's not a bad thing, compassion makes you strong

I've cried while shaking with rage
So you might call me high strung
But you're old beyond your years, you age
My tears keep me young

I've cried while clapping in glee
While you sit, avoiding emotion
I'm at peace, my heart and mind in harmony
Though my tears could fill an ocean

Every day is a battle for you
Everyday a war
But if you'd just see your emotions through
You'd see that there could be more

If eyes are windows to the soul
I can see your glass shattering
All that dust must take its toll
But no one else is noticing


          What do you think? I kind of like it. My mom said it was good, though written from a teenagers point of view. I was like "Well duh, I'm a teenager. What else do you expect?"

Anyways, that's all for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment