Tuesday, January 3, 2012

January 3rd, 2012

          HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! Yeah I know I'm late. But who cares, it's 2012 baby!
I had a pretty good New Years. Hope and I didn't get to check out the new club because no one wanted to come pick us up and Hope's mom doesn't like taxis. We ended up going to Step's house to hang out and watch Glee. We had some much needed girl talk and heart-to-hearts. It was a very cliche sleepover ;-)
At midnight, we decided we were hungry, so after digging through the cupboards, we found some Pasta Sides, chicken alfredo.  That's what's in the pot. (I'm on the left, Hope is on the right)
          My parents didn't give me a heads up before they picked me up, so I was a little disappointed we didn't get to make pancakes together like we planned. But on the way home, we stopped at the biggest town before home and wandered around. We went to a park and played and walked around. Then Dad and Leo went to Hastings while mom and I wandered down the strip mall into Ross. I got two dresses. A casual for every day and a business one I can wear to any conferences or board meetings. Then we went to the mall. I think the best part of the day was taking dad into Buckle. Mom decided this years craft project was him. So new wardrobe little bit at a time. It was really weird helping my dad shop in there because I usually go in there with Sketch or Doug. We ended up getting a super snazzy vest for him to wear when his boss is in town or for church on Sunday.
          After we got dinner at this chinese buffet in the mall, we went home. I was all for taking a shower and going to bed even though it was only 7:30pm. After all, Hope, Step, and I didn't go to sleep until 2:30am. But mom had other ideas. She's been borrowing tons of old classics from the library and this time it was The Bells of St. Mary's. I think I'm falling in love with Bing Crosby, lol! He's so handsome and when he sings, I get goosebumps. It's a shame he died.
          I've been working on my to-do list today, which includes WoHeLo stuff and college stuff. I had to call the college I'm going to and ask how they want my homeschool transcript. Turns out all I have to do is mail it to 'em! Super easy check! I also texted one of my WoHeLo consultants with some info on my panel meetings and emailed another one of them for her approval on my summary for my JDRF issue. All that's left now is to figure out how to finish my last issue. Obviously this blog is a big part of it, it's how I get most of my hours and I've had over 400 views. So that's kind of awesome! A few days ago, I put my blog on a bunch of websites that are supposed to get more publicity, but we'll see. I haven't seen any significant changes in the stats. It feels kind of weird to not need to do any schoolwork. I'm pretty much done with it. I've taken my ACT twice and when I talked to the recruiter for the school this morning, she said as long as I made at least a 20 on my ACT, I'm good to go. Of course mom wasn't worried about that, mostly just the money parts. Which reminds me, I need to ask her to tell me as soon as she does taxes so I can re-do the FAFSA.
          I also got the contract and personnel policies and all that other fun stuff that comes with a summer job in my email this morning! I got to put all the dates on the calendar and that always makes me a happy camper.
I saw a few things on the agenda that I really really want to do, but because I'm under age, I don't know if I'll be able. I also need to see about registering for the WSI class I want to do in March. Doing WSI pretty much guarantees that I'll be in charge of swim lessons. Which is my favorite thing besides treks. So I really hope I pass!
          I've got to go clean my room now, so that's all for now folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment