Monday, October 17, 2011

October 17th 2011

     I had such an awesome weekend! My Dad came home Thursday, to spend the long weekend with us before he had to go to work! Unfortunately, he left this morning, but it was so nice having him home. My little brother conned him into playing a game of Civ 5...he was over the moon.
     Saturday, I went to the JDRF Walk to Cure Diabetes and finished raising my $100 dollar goal! I met my friend Hope there, and we hung out. My friend Doug(Hope's brother) was there too, but he was helping with the event so we couldn't talk for very long.
     After the walk, my parents wanted to go to some chili-cookoff that Hope and I weren't very excited about, so they dropped us off at the mall. We wandered around and browsed. I had my camera, so we had this idea that if we saw any really cute cashiers, we could just say we were on a scavenger hunt and we needed a picture with them. But this was the ONE day where no cute guys were working. It was crazy. I had to get some shoe inserts for my boots, because I'd never worn them for that long before, so I have blisters the size of quarters on my feet now :(.
     After we got bored at the mall, we walked across the street to the Halloween store and  killed time there until the movie we wanted to see was ready to start. We saw Rise of the Planet of the Apes. I saw it with my Father when it first came out in August,  but Hope hadn't seen it yet. It was good enough to want to see again! My Mom picked us up after the movie and we went back to Hope's house. Doug was home by then and completely asleep on the couch. So we turned the TV up loud enough to wake him up and still pretend we didn't mean too ;-) I convinced them to watch the first episode of Grey's Anatomy(on Netflix) with me, and now they're as hooked as me! It's such a poignant, funny, cool show! I think we watched five episodes before we decided to go out for dinner and games at Dave & Busters. Doug got some free $10 game cards for working at the JDRF Walk, so all we had to pay for was drinks, food, and the D&B card activation fee! It was so much fun. We had dinner at their house, so all we pitched in $5 and got drinks and an appetizer plate of cheesy fries.
     We pooled our tickets to all get something. Doug got a miniature bat, I got a squishy little monster thing, and Hope got a nerd rope. The funny thing was that we spent most of our game cards at the 6 person trivia game! We ended up playing with three other guys, and we won every time!! I think we each won once, it was so much fun! And they had a giant Fruit Slice screen. That was pretty epic, especially when me and Hope played multi-player!
     After we finished, Doug drove us back to their house and we watched some more Grey's Anatomy before bedtime. I think we finally went to bed around 12:30am because Doug had to go to work at 12:00pm the next day. My phone was dead so my Mom had to call Alyson's phone in the morning to wake us up in time for me to be ready by the time she got there. We had some leftover pizza for breakfast(yumm) and waited around until Mom got there. The rest of Sunday was pretty uneventful.
     Today, we all slept in and then went to IHOP for a late breakfast. I had the most delicious stuffed french toast! It was soo good, except that Mom started having sweats and chills. She woke up feeling sick,and it's just been getting worse all day. After we dropped Daddy off at the airport, I drove us home and Mom curled up on the couch so we could watch Glee. My Mom and I don't have a ton in common, we're pretty much polar opposites...but Glee being awesome is one of the few things we can agree on. We have differing opinions about the characters and plot lines and songs, but it's still awesome!
      Now I'm trying to plan for Camp Fire USA's National Leadership Conference and Youth Summit. My council is sponsoring me to go, they're paying for everything for me and Hope! From the registration fee to the hotel room, including food. It's so exciting! However, we didn't get all the details until this morning because our Program Services Coordinator was away on business! So now Mom and I have to go shopping for nice pants that aren't jeans! I was planning on wearing nice jeans all weekend, because I look great in them, but apparently it's much more formal than that! Not that I mind shopping, but Mom's not feeling well and shopping is on her "hate to do" list. Other than that, I'm set. I even went through some closets and found some jewelry my Mom never wears, so no matter what, I'll be stylin' lol!

No comments:

Post a Comment