Wednesday, October 26, 2011

October 26th 2011

     So today, I was looking through all my blog posts and I noticed that from the beginning, they're all sort of getting longer and longer like a Harry Potter book or something. So I think I'll keep this one short and sweet! I reaped the benefits of being homeschooled completely shamelessly today! We'd all been up(mom, Leo, and I) until around midnight last night, but for some unknown reason, mom decided we should all get up at 7:30am. So we're all kind of zombie shuffling through our day before we decide to hit the re-start button on the day. We all took naps from 10:00am until around 2:00pm. So when we woke up again, it was time to eat lunch and then resume our daily activities! Pretty sweet deal  if you ask me.
     I decided to apply for CFUSA's National Youth Advisory Cabinet. I really hope I'm accepted. I know they were short on applicants so they extended the deadline, but that doesn't make me any less nervous. I had to complete the personal information questionnaire, I have to write a double spaced essay no fewer than one and no more than three pages long, and I must submit two letters of recommendation. One of which may be CFUSA employee or volunteer and the other of which may not be related to CFUSA at all. I didn't have a hard time figuring out who to ask for my CFUSA reference at all, who better to ask than the head honcho of my council? So I asked my councils executive director. Finding a reference completely unrelated to CFUSA was definitely hard. In the end I asked my book club leader. The funny thing is that even though she hasn't been a member of CFUSA for more than four years, that's where we met! But I don't think that counts.
     That's all for now folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment