Thursday, October 13, 2011

October 13th 2011

     So, it's been busy couple of days...weeks...months... Anyways, that's why I haven't posted in so  long. Last week, for the first time EVER! I forgot to go to work. I work in a church nursery, so I only go when they call me, it isn't regularly scheduled. And I completely blanked. It turned out okay because the other two women DIDN'T forget and there was only one baby that day...however, I still feel horrible.
      I went on a camping trip this weekend, to this awesome state park about 2 hours away from where I live. Between all the people Mom invited and some friends I invited, there was probably about 7 adults and 15 kids. My family and Neecee's family went a day early, since we're all the homeschoolers and got there Thursday evening to hold down our favorite camp site that was big enough for everybody coming. I was a little worried beforehand that I would be overwhelmed since I didn't know hardly anyone coming on this trip. But it actually worked out great! My Mom's friends Brian, Lola, Amanda, and John came out between Friday evening and Saturday morning. And John was super nice and brought my friend Sketch and his little sister. There's a lake right next to our camp site and we brought our huge floaty, so you can guess where I spent the majority of my time! And since most of the kids were between 7-13, it made the parents feel better that I was supervising most of the time, since I'm a certified lifeguard . I got my tan back from this summer! I was getting worried about how pale I was getting to be...but worry no more! I am back to being a beautiful golden brown!
     Two days ago, I was sitting in this hammock chair my Dad set up on the back porch a couple months ago. And it fell out of the roof...nothing broke, the hook holding it up fell out of the ceiling. I landed at pretty much a  right angle with my feet  straight out in front of me. Needless to say, I have a very bruised butt. And dignity. It's really awkward to explain to people why you don't want to sit down. And of course, Mom was hyper worried about whether to take me to the Doctor or not because I had a lot of back and neck pain the first day(duh). But it cleared up over night and now it only hurts when I sit down and stand up!
     Mom's been having us clean the house all day because Daddy is coming home tonight. It's like she thinks he might have forgotten how our house looks, lol! I'm sure he'd like it no matter what it looks like, as long as his families in it. Don't get me wrong, I miss him and i wish he didn't have to live in Houston for this part of his job, but Mom's always extra sad when he has to leave again in like, four days. So it's a bit of a hassle. But it's always worth it when he's there! The only thing I'm not looking forward too is giving him back his desk...Since he's been gone, I may have commandeered it...just a little bit! All my college forms and brochures are in his bookcase storage space, my notebooks are on the desk, I have all my websites bookmarked on his computer..it's a mess..
      Well, I gotta go finish my chores now!
TTYL!

1 comment:

  1. Also, the back porch, it's cement.

    ReplyDelete