Thursday, December 29, 2011

December 29th 2011

          So, I figured out how to post from my phone! Hence the post with the picture! Yay for snow! We actually got a little bit during the Christmas season. Where I used to live, we don't get snow until the end of January into February. Me and Leo and my Uncle even built a little snowman! But since we're in desert country, it melted before the week was out. Today I walked to this little strip mall near our house and applied for different jobs. Two clothing stores, a supermarket, and a little grill. I'm kind of rooting for the waitress job because I'll get tips! I've never actually had a regular job. My job at the church where I used to live was on an as needed basis, and I wasn't needed very often. I wonder what it'll feel like to have a regular cash flow! And by flow, I mean into the wallet and back out into the economy. Lol, I have no self restraint when it comes to shopping. My biggest weakness would have to be sunglasses. Yesterday we took my Uncle to the airport and we got to town early on purpose so he could see the city. We ended up going to this huge upperclass outlet mall. I say upperclass because it was all high end stores like Coach, and Nike, and Saks. Right up my alley. Now, Leo doesn't really have any knowledge of brand names and the like. So I took him in Saks and told him to tell me how expensive a pair of sunglasses were. Now, he knew it was an expensive store so he guessed really high...$50. I think he almost choked when I told him the pair he was holding was about $400 on sale.
          On the way home my phone started malfunctioning big time, so since we were already in the city, we stopped at an AT&T store to get it fixed. That was probably my best experience ever with AT&T customer service. The guy was very knowledgeable without making us feel dumb. That's a talent, I tell you! Oh yeah, I can't remember if I told you or not, but I got the position on YAC! It was funny actually, I found out when I went to see Nutcracker with my dad. I was picking up my tix from Swan and she yelled congratulations as soon as she saw me. Now, being in the middle of a move, I hadn't checked my email in two days. I thought she was leaking secrets or something. And that made them think they might be in trouble until I remembered I hadn't checked my email! So it was pretty funny.
          I can't wait for New Years!! My friend Scout turns 21 tomorrow, so we'll see him on the 31st to wish him a happy birthday. Plus mom wants to buy him a drink in honor of it being 21st and all. After that, I'm spending the night at Hope's. We're hoping to check out this teen club on its grand opening. It's wayyy bigger than OYP. I checked the website and everything, but they don't say if there's a cover charge. I'd imagine there is, but you'd think that if their target audience is 13-18 then all the information is on the internet. But no. I even called and left a message, but their machine was so annoying! We'll have fun either way. Lol, she's trying to set me up on a blind date. But seeing how disastrous the last one was, I'm a little bit nervous.  I'm not averse to the idea, it's New Years Eve after all. Just, apprehensive.
          That's all for now folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment