Wednesday, September 28, 2011

September 28th 2011


So, I had my birthday last weekend! It was a busy busy couple of days. I went out and got my permit (finally!) so I've been doing most of the driving. My family isn't very supportive....every time I ask to drive, Mom and my brother both look up and say "we're all going to die!”. I think I'm doing pretty well so far!
Saturday night I went out with my best friend, Hope, to this teen club we both like and saw some friends I haven't seen in awhile. After they closed, my friend Scout took us to breakfast at a Village Inn. It was pretty fun. We got home around 2:30am after Scout drove us around the local college campus to show us "Hottie Boulevard". 
I woke up around 6:00am with tonsils the size of volleyballs so I woke up Mom and got some Tylenol. Went back to sleep until around 10:00am at which point I woke up Hope so I could open my presents!! My Dad is away on business for awhile, so he sent me a card with iTunes in it, Mom got me some boots and the Team Eric tee I wanted, Hope got me hair stuff and make-up, lil brother got me some fuzzy posters, two relatives sent me amazon gift cards, and more relatives promised packages in the mail! All in all it was pretty great. Until I remembered that I had to call my Father and my big brother didn't call me or post on my Facebook wall.
After I played with the hair dye and new make-up, Hope and I went to see Bad Teacher at the theater. It was HILARIOUS! I love Cameron Diaz. After the movie, we took Hope home and went to meet my Grandparents for dinner. That was pretty fun. I know what you're thinking "ugh dinner with the Grandparents? FUN??" but my Grandparents are actually pretty cool. They ride a Trike, which is like a motorcycle but with three wheels! And they have matching gear, it's really adorkable!
Yesterday I had a board meeting. It was really crowded because our usual meeting room was rented out for a wedding reception or something. I'm on the Board of Directors for my Chapter of Camp Fire USA, and we meet once a month to discuss how we're doing on money and where it's going, how past events went, and how new events are progressing. There is a lot of talk about 5 and 10 year plans. It can be boring at times but it's going to look great on college applications.
Mom and I have been discussing college and stuff, and we think I'm going to go to this in-state college about an hour and a half from where we live now. I've been there before and they have a really beautiful campus. I have a friend who goes there now and she loves it! I can't wait to take a tour as a prospective freshman! That's all for now, folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment