Monday, November 28, 2011

November 28th 2011


            Whew! I am still stuffed from Thanksgiving! I had a great holiday and I hope everyone else did too. My Dad came home for four days and it was weird. This is weird because it was weird. Does that make any sense? It’s just that he hasn’t been home but once a month for awhile now, and the house dynamic kind of changed while he was gone. But it was enjoyable none the less. I got to show off and drive all the way to my great grandparent’s house, which is an hour away, while daddy sat in the front.  This years Thanksgiving was actually kind of small. We usually have over 20 people crammed into the house, but this year not as many people could come I guess. I was just happy my cousin Lizzy could come!!! We had such a good time. We hung out in the spare bedroom just catching up for awhile, and then we went for a walk and saw a dead possum. Then we came back and ate pie for dessert. Finally we convinced great grandpa to let us take his golf cart out for a ride. In a series of unfortunate events including letting Leo drive, I bit the pavement and my knee is still messed up. I was kind of proud though because I haven’t actually skinned my knees in so long!
            When it was time to leave, Lizzy got all her stuff together and came home with us. We chilled at home for awhile and changed out of our family occasion clothes and got ready to go out shopping. We left for Wal-Mart around 9:30 so mom could brave the crowds to get Leo some new jeans on sale. Then we went to the mall to wait for it to open. We had such a good time sitting in the car laughing. Lizzy was explaining her new found obsession with chocolate. Apparently, she never really liked it until she had some really good chocolate and now she can’t get enough!! It’s really funny ;-)
            We had a great parking space right in front of the mall entrance, so we didn’t have to stand outside at all. We just waited until everyone else went inside then just strolled in like we owned it LOL!  We got some good deals at Hot Topic, mom and I found some super awesome Sailor Moon t-shirts and Lizzy found a Drake bracelet. Then we wandered around until we found the Rue 21. I absolutely love Rue and I think mom is on her way! They’re already pretty well priced so the sales were to die for! I didn’t actually find anything but a pair of cute sunglasses I wanted, but mom got a whole dang outfit and Lizzy got some super cute zebra print shorts.
            We got home around 2:30am and just crashed. I’m pretty sure we didn’t wake up until noon on Friday. We got daddy to take us to get some movies out of the Redbox machine at Walgreens. I let her talk me into getting Insidious and we both agreed on Your Highness. Insidious was supposed to be really creepy, but it was so lame! There were huge continuity gaps and to be quite frank, it wasn’t scary in the least bit. We were laughing the whole time. Then we watched Your Highness, which was supposed to be lame and it was actually funny because it was funny. Not crappy lol. We got to eat leftover pie all day, so I don’t think I ate a real meal until after she left Friday evening. Some of my parents friends came over to visit since daddy hasn’t been home much. After Lizzy left and I ate dinner, I was pretty bored all night until I fell asleep.
            It turned out to be a good thing Lizzy didn’t stay another night because I got sick on Saturday. I threw up and then I had a fever and chills. It wasn’t pretty. So I spent Sunday in bed eating saltines when I got hungry.  Today I have a board meeting and then I’m going to try to do an activity with Leo’s friends tonight at Braums. My plan should be fine if I can get a hold of my friend to see if I can get a ride! I’m sure it’ll work out, but I’m going to research bus routes just to be sure. Toodles!




P.S. To all my friends and family who actually know who I am, you may have noticed that I change all names! So if you can't figure out who you are, email or text me privately and I'll let you know ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment